Chicklet - Add to Google Homepage

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

'coz friends are for lifefull !

(A brief attempt on a English poem. Surprisingly this is my first attempt and i wrote this in about 30 minutes)...
Preface:
Good & true friends, too fight and an element of misunderstanding creeps in. Both of them may miss and share the same feeling but one / both may refrain from taking the steps to resolve, may be because both may feel strongly that the other person was wrong. Here the one with stronger feeling is expressing it. The gender is immaterial, and you can replace "her" with "him", but choose the gender opposite to yours (assuming the world is straight) and it will sound sweeter!

I know her so well
She knows me so well
In our hearts we dwell
Ain’t sure where did it swell

Our minds were so blending
Tastes were so matching
Interests ever adding
Even when we were not meeting

We were not in a hurry
Nothing ever remotely awry
A special feeling we carry
Why should we feel sorry?

Life has been taxing
Gloom has been waxing
Smile has been waning
But she is still testing

Her beads so troubling
Her silence so killing
Mirrors aren’t accusing
But heart is still longing

Never did I envisage
Thoughts can form a cage
It’s a night of damage
Hmmmm, Life is a package

Even if you are all wise
There’s little bit of vice
No, not a tinge of malice
Never intend to be an accomplice

Cut off my wrong hand
And extend your right hand
Drag me from the quicksand
And take me to a highland

Disband your hair band
Switch over to broadband
You're stranded in an island
I am here, your homeland.

If you can understand
There nothing to reprimand
My heart is a wasteland
With you it’s a wonderland


Conference calls go on
Get togethers roll on
Happier moments come by
Yet, deep inside its lil' dry


Mind has been mailing
Heart has been calling
Hands have been texting
But a wall has been tenting

I don’t want to meet up
But I don’t want to break up
Need a one time catch up
To ease out the hiccup

Love me for what I am
Scold me for what I am
Kick me for what I am
Hate me for what I am
But never leave me for what I am

She isn’t playful
Efforts aren’t fruitful
Life isn’t beautiful
It’s been so painful

I can be careful
But can’t be never sinful
I am still hopeful
‘coz friends are for lifefull
‘coz friends are for lifefull

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment