"Passion Driven, Reason reined!"
Beware! you are entering the most dangerous areas in virtual world!.. for its an empty vessel which has decided to make noise ! Match the noise with your Voice!
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Good living is in balancing the extremes...
Friday, October 16, 2009
May the festival of lights help you light the light within!
Priya joins me in wishing you and your family a very happy, funfilled and prosperous Diwali.
"May a thousand suns make your life brighter
May a thousand moons make your life healthier
May a thousand smiles make your life lighter
May a thousand sweets make your life sweeter
May a thousand prayers make your life peaceful
May a thousand sparkles make your life Joyful
May the day today problems make you stronger
May the day today journey make you wiser
May the festival of lights on this autmn night
May help you find the might within!
May the festival of lights on this autmn night
May help you light a light within!"
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Vacation Snaps - Sep 2009
Tusker Charging our jeep...
The Tusker got turned on. It started charging our jeep. I was almost hanging outside the jeep trying to record this. When the driver took reverse at very high speed i lost my balance and by the time you can see i regaining some balance the tusker was at 10 feet.
Fortunately it decided to back off and get back into the forest after 15 minutes of hide and seek in the bushes. It gives me jitters every time i see this. Many were asking me to share this and hence it is here....
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Herbal Support to Prevent and Help Cure Swine Flu
I read this very interesting piece of Swine flu care from a website and thought of sharing it here. The author of this piece is an authority in the field of therapeutic alternate medicine and a TaiChi grand master from China... The second suggestions sounds pretty simple.
The following herbal preparations can be taken to support the prevention and cure of Swine Flu:
I. Combine the following:
1. 30 grams of white radish
2. 15 grams of the white part of scallion 15g;
3. 3 grams of Coriander
Add 1 liter (just over 4 cups) of water and bring to a boil. Wait until it has cooled to drink.
II. Combine the following:
1. 3 grams shredded Ginger
2. 3 grams Mint
3. 3 grams red date (without the seed)
Add 200-300ml boiling water, cover and let steep about 5-10 minutes, then drink.
These two preparations can help prevent flu and can also be used to help cure the flu. They can be drunk daily or every other day as a preventative during flu season or more frequently if you have the flu already.
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Few gems from Taoism...
Expressions of Taoism were ever fascinating and has had a profound impact on me. The following piece is from Yang Hsiung (53 B.C. to 18 A.D.) talking about Tai Hsuan (Great Mystery). Reading this piece from China along with the Sufi stories from Middle east & Siddhar poems from India in Tamil gives a feeling that the tribes shared a common root but has adapted the same concept according to their region, language and culture. I enjoyed the following which explains what the business of life is, then , links this to the profound principle / primordial truth and then gives the framework / outline for the profound principle. Hope you too would enjoy this...
- To see and understand is wisdom.
- To look and love is humanity.
- To determine and decide is courage.
- To control things universally and to use them for all is impartiality.
- To be able to match all things is penetration.
- To have or not to have the proper circumstance is destiny.
- The way by which all things emerge from vacuity is the Way.
- To follow the principles of the world without altering them and to attain one's end is virtue.
- To attend to life, to be in society, and to love universally is humanity.
- To follow order and to evaluate what is proper is righteousness.
- To get hold of the Way, virtue, humanity, and righteousness and put them into application is called the business of life.
- To make clear the achievement of nature and throw light on all things is called yang.
- To be hidden, without form, deep and unfathomable, is called yin.
- Yang knows yang but does not know yin. Yin knows yin but does not know yang.
- The Profound Principle alone knows both yin and yang, both going and stopping, and both darkness and light.
- The Supremely Profound Principal deeply permeates all species of things but its physical form cannot be seen.
- It takes nourishment from emptiness and nothingness and derives its life from Nature. It penetrates the past and present and originates the various species.
- It operates yin and yang and starts the material force in motion. As yin and yang unite, all things are complete on Heaven and on Earth.
- The sky and sun rotate and the weak and strong interact. They return to their original position and thus the beginning and end are determined.
- Life and death succeed each other and thus the nature and the destiny are made clear.
- Looking up, we see the form of the heavens. Looking down, we see the condition of the earth.
- We examine our nature and understand our destiny.
- We trace our beginning and see our end. ... Therefore the Profound Principle is the perfection of utility.