Chicklet - Add to Google Homepage

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Friday, September 11, 2009

பழ மொழி - (Old saying) - Blogs on Tamil Literature

Date: 11-Sep-2009
Time: 00.28 am

I have recorded the date and time above where a thought which i have been holding for quite some time has matured into action overcoming the invisible inertia.

"Language" has been my weakest subject in my school days and Tamil is my mother tongue. Fortunately though it was quite later, i realized that Tamil as a language is very rich and for the thirsty, there is always tons and tons of literature in this language that would not only quench one's thirsty but can also make our thoughts sweeter.


I have always been thanking god that he has blessed me with relatives who are extremely affectionate, intelligent, well read and very wise. Especially it would be always great to hear my father's siblings discuss on philosophy and literature. Inspired enough with the association, I have been reading few of the old books out of my own interest and has found it very difficult:
  1. Land on the right stuff to read.
  2. Understand the exact meaning of some of the poems. 
It has always been my longing that as a new generation we inherit a good quality of life from our parents, but we all stop short of inheriting their wisdom and learning. (Btw, considering my age now - I am no more part of the new generation!)

So the decision to move an idea to action is on the following lines:

  1. Continue to read some of these nice literatures in Tamil, strive hard to understand the meaning. (Its a pity that a Tamilian is finding it difficult to understand some old Tamil literature and poems - This is where we have reached).
  2. Share the learning through this blog.
I am acutely aware that there aren't many souls who either have the time or interest to read these poems and appreciate. Yet i have decided to do this as it helps me with my reading!

Its implicitly and explicitly stated and understood that this is an effort of an novice who is going to share what he read and understood and nothing more. :)

Pazha Mozhi (பழ மொழி) means Old saying. I am going to blog under this heading & label only, hence it can be easily searched.


Happy reading!
  
PS; After reading the blog Priya corrected me that பழ மொழி means "Wise saying" than "Old Saying" ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment