Chicklet - Add to Google Homepage

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

வாழ்க தமிழ், வளர்க தமிழ் தொண்டு !

Disclaimer:
This article may appeal to you if: (Dont waste your time on this article otherwise)
1. Tamil is your mother tongue or your tongue is "tamilzed" by nativity or by forceful means.
2. You should also be keen in tamil literature and also should like contemporary poems and especially movie songs.
3. The aspect i am going to highlight may also inspire you in many ways and you should be able to handle it and i am not responsible for the same.

In this fast paced world, its always a luxury to stop by to smell flowers, to enjoy a sunrise / sunset, or to spend some time for arts and literature. But few creations are so inspiring that you stop everything to allot some valuable time of yours. One such thing that inspired me, made me understand why tamil is a classical language, emphasized the importance of words and its values and more importantly helped me understand some philosiphical aspects of life is a tamil movie song, about which i am blogging on here.

I need to be candid that there were many subjects during my school days which competed for the position of "ragu's weakest subject" in my report card, but language always took the prize. I was so weak in language esp. tamil that i was always scared about tamil exams. Much to the annoyance of my aunt (who is a renowned tamil professor) and my grandfather who was too good in tamil literature like Kamba Ramayan, there were no traces of deep recognition for this language in my blood.

But this piece of contemporary art, a movie song changed it all. The choice of words, the meaning it highlights, the philosophy it emphasizes and the way a classical language is utilized and the popularity it enjoys among the masses, did a great deal to me and would do a great deal to you too.

I am still trying to understand the full meaning of this song which am unable to do despite 10+ years of tamil classes. I will be obligated if some one can help me with the meaning and take me higher levels. My aunt will be happy to know that am inspired about tamil.

The song is available in this link below and you can google for the lyrics.
http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=HuwhTmM_QGQ&feature=related

வாழ்க தமிழ், வளர்க தமிழ் தொண்டு !

Happy reading!
PS: After seeing the video, please read this article again to understand the point i was emphasizing!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ragu, try this version... deep meaning, even Kamban would be impressed... ;)

    http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=qIChuwWI3SU&feature=related

    ReplyDelete