Chicklet - Add to Google Homepage

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Musings on Friendship...

A true friendship is,
Hard to gain, Easy to sustain
Like an insurance in life for the good times to rain
Having a true partner in pain and gain
Avoiding a life that’s living in vain

In a true friendship,
It’s connecting to another ignoring the race
Living your life at your own pace
It’s not always the smile on the face
But it’s here & now, how both hearts embrace

For a true friendship,
I never think twice to pay any price
To beget a friend so wise,
Who always shuns his disgrace!
Yet prefers his than my disgrace!

For a bad friendship is
Easy to gain, Hard to sustain!
I shun the thoughts that depress my heart
He isn’t my friend at misfortune who depart
“Friends”, betraying me at the ruins brink
Burning my heart whenever I think
For a bad friendship is
Easy to gain, Hard to sustain!

In a true friendship,
It’s not just to pair up for easy deeds
But to hit and correct me when faults exceeds
A bond in amity is a liberty from bonds
For I can be “me” sans my “personality brands”

What is a friend?
A friend is a farmer & a reformer
Sometimes as brother, sometimes as bouncer
Many times our banner, yet a fine balancer
Not like a master, yet a catalyst for the learner!
Above all for me a friend is a teacher

Yes, my friend is a teacher helping me to learn the lessons of life!
Yes, my friend is a teacher helping me to learn the essence of life!

Happy reading!


PS:
1. Based on the feedback from my friends / regular blog visitors that the blogs are too long for their attention span, i have split this into 2 parts. The flow has not changed, but guess it accomodates the attention span.

2. If some of you are wondering that some concepts above are familiar (esp. those who have read Thirukural) then you are right, few lines are direct translation of the couplets in my own words.

No comments:

Post a Comment