As you may be aware, we are fresh and new every moment.
Every year - About 98% of the atoms in your body are replaced.
Every 6 months - Each of your finger and toenail grows from base to tip.
Every 120 days - Your RBCs are completely replenished. (The average age of red blood cells is 120 days.)
Every 28 days - Your skin renews itself.
Every 14 days - Your stomach produces a new layer of mucus or it would digest itself.
Every 10 days - The average life of your taste buds.
Every 48 hours - Any loss of blood (even due to blood donation) is replenished.
Every 24 hours - Your blood travels 60,000 miles on its journey through the body.
Every 24 hours - A man’s testicles manufacture 10 million new sperm cells – enough that he could repopulate the entire planet in only 6 months!
Every 30 minutes - Your body gives off enough heat (combined) to bring a half gallon of water to boil.
Every minute - Your single blood cell makes a complete circuit of the body.
Every minute - You take about 15 breaths and replenish the oxygen in your body
Every second - 15 million blood cells are destroyed in your body.
Let us remember,
- We are never the same between any two moments and the new moment does not come once in a year. As a wise man said, you can't step into the same river twice.
- It takes the interaction of 72 different muscles to produce human speech. Hence let us take care of every word we utter. Let us be kind and pleasant in every of our utterances. (satyam Bhruyaat, Priyam Bhruyaat)
- Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our ears never stop growing. Hence let us listen more and more and more.
- With every thought we have an option to be a new and fresh. Here nature does not give us a choice.
- We are what we eat and hence exercise kindness and mercy. Try to be a vegetarian.
I wish you and your family to be aware of every moment as a new moment, every breath you take to breathe a fresh lease of life into you, and every thought results in peace, prosperity, health and happiness.
May 2012 help us all to progressively evolve into this journey of awareness. May this be the start of "The becoming of a being".