Chicklet - Add to Google Homepage

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Noble, Nobler, Noblest?

Disclaimer:

Its Priya's birthday today and i had to travel to Delhi on work. This is probably 2nd or 3rd birthday of hers i am missing and staying away due to work, in a row. Her rumblings started the previous day reaching the peak in the night and the today monring at 5 in the morning i saw a disappointed look, but nothing registered in me as i was filled with "professional preoccupations". It was around 8 Am in the morning when i started having lonely breakfast in flight that her feelings sunk in so deep in me that felt a sudden rush of emotion which turned into this blog. The blog is about who is noble, nobler and noblest in this world and i end up very unpredictably. Its into 3 parts .......For a guy who is so unromantic like me, this is probably the best gift she can receive from me! Enjoy this!

Who is noble?
Who is nobler?
Who is noblest?
Just as I kept thinking
Stranger things I am discovering!
Noble is the monk whose mind is in his heart
For he is the meditation in action
Nobler is the philosopher whose mind is on the truth
For he has his life in his thinking!
Nobler is the priest whose mind is on the holy
For he is the ritual in action!
If cleanliness is next to godliness
Nobler is the garbage cleaner whose hand is on the holy
For he is duty in action!
Nobler is the reformer who fights injustice
For he is a rebel in action!
Nobler is the soldier who fights enemies
Nobler are his deeds forsaking his life for others!
For he is the commitment in action!
Nobler is the king who governs the land
For he is justice in action!
Nobler is the farmer who tills the land
For he befriends nature and offers us life
For he is productivity in action!
Nobler is the doctor who fights death
For he is benevolence in action
Nobler is the giver who fights poverty
For his living is in loving and loving is in giving
For he is sacrifice in action!
Nobler is the teacher who fights your ignorance
For there is no doctor, no farmer
For there is no priest, no soldier
For there is no knowledge if there is no teacher
For the willing and the thirsty
For the humble and needy
Joy is a teacher, sorrow is a teacher
Life is a teacher, Nature is a teacher
Time is a teacher, every moment is a teacher
For a teacher is knowledge in action!
A teacher is nobler!

Who is noble?
Who is nobler?
Who is noblest?
Just as I kept thinking
Stranger things I am discovering!
Brothers are nobler!
For a brother is a soldier, brother is a teacher!
For a brother is strength in action!
Nobler is the father!
For a father is teacher, also a soldier
For a father is a priest, also a philosopher
Father is a farmer, also a reformer
For a father is wisdom in action!
Nobler is the mother!
For she is the nature, a priceless pasture!
Carrier of boundless love and nurture
Deliverer of hope and future!
She is the producer! She is the deliverer!
For there is no priest, no philosopher!
For there is no king, no soldier
For there is no farmer, no reformer
For there is no doctor, no giver
For there is no cleaner, no teacher
For there is no father without a mother!

For father is wisdom in action!
But mother is love and sacrifice in action!
Realize mother is nobler!
For love and sacrifice is nobler!

Who is noble?
Who is nobler?
Who is noblest?
Just as I kept thinking
Stranger things I am discovering!
Someone is nobler
Sharing my life as a partner

From 72 for twenty nine
I wined & dined - a life so fine
No alarms to beep, No appointments to keep
It’s my decision to eat and where I should sleep

Like a free bird that flies high
Been living life without a sigh!
Aimless & boundless, Careless & fearless
Mindless yet mindful that it can’t be endless

When my parents asked - I said nay!
Till 2001 I had my way
No one else to share my pay
Till 14th Feb, the Valentine’s Day!
We thought by May we may
We made it by May – what to say!

Anchoring & Bordering, Caring & daring
Teasing & Talking, Talking & touching
Physically, mentally, socially & spiritually
Nagging & ragging, ragging & shopping
Fighting & drifting, drifting & uniting

She isn’t a philosopher
But made me think deeper

As a priest of my confessing heart
Warding off my evil thoughts
Distancing my devilish leans
Lifting me from mundane means

A garbage cleaner that she is
Often dusting off my dirty mind
But cleaning too my dirty linen

A reformer at the formative stages
A soldier protecting family values
A farmer tilling my barren mind
A greenist seeding sprouts – hard to find
A doctor curing needless endure
Softly enduring endless chore

As a wholesome giver, wonderful lover
As a loyal partner, & a home science Gartner
As an energy sucker being my hormonal shelter
An energy giver as a fine “cooker”
Sometimes a teacher, sometimes a preacher
Sometimes a bouncer yet a fine balancer
Sometimes a lawyer but always as judge
For every injustice incurred I hold no grudge

As a sister of my beloved brother
As a mother of my wonderful kids
For she made me work harder
For she made me twice nobler
As she made me a father!

Call her worries invited for ever
Call her wisdom ingrained from errors
Call her wealth inherited from eternity
Call her wish incurred from earlier life
A real partner is the noblest
For all of us a nobler when we are a partner!

Happy reading !

No comments:

Post a Comment