Chicklet - Add to Google Homepage

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Musings: Individuality Vs Personality!

In a day of life!
Birth is dawn!
Adolescence is morning!
Prime time is day!
Love in life is evening!
Old age is night!
Death is midnight!

For I bought a mirror
In the morning
Unknowingly pledging something valuable
Which I don’t know what it is!
I carry this mirror
To see the world
From morning to midnight
This mirrors reflects and tells me
What my world is!
What my life is!
Even, telling me, what I am, which I am not!

Mind is this mirror
It shows my personality!
It hides my individuality!
What the world thinks of me is my personality
What I am naturally is my individuality
Roots of the mind are in the society
Roots of the personality are in the mind
For, personality is the extension of the mind
As mind is the extension of the society
I realize mind and Personality are social phenomenon
I realize mind and Personality are dependent phenomenon
I realize personality is no different from a spectacle
For they both are in the eyes of the beholder

But do I realize what did I pledge?
Did I pledge something valuable?
I faintly realize that I pledged my individuality!
But do I know my individuality?
If I think I do, I don’t
If I think I don’t, I still don’t
If I feel I do, I do
If I feel I don’t, I don’t

It’s been a life all along
To live it for the society
To keep up my personality
To keep up what I am not
It’s been a life all along
Ignoring my individuality!
Ignoring my uniqueness!
Ignoring my sexuality!
Ignoring my sensuality!
Ignoring my nature!
Ignoring my consciousness!

Little did I realize that, it’s all been
Personality masquerading as individuality
Long term pain masquerading as short term pleasure
Your thoughts masquerading as mine

Little did I realize
That a trip in ego is a one way trip
That a trip in ego is a never ending trip

I can’t throw this mirror
As it’s whole of my interior
As I start growing wiser
I shall slowly stop being an actor

A smith removes the flaws from silver
Slowly, one by one, carefully
I am smith and the flaws are in my thoughts
I have decided to ignore
Slowly, one by one, carefully
I shall stop being an actor
Slowly, in one by one, carefully
I have decided to discover
Slowly and carefully!

I faintly realize but strongly believe
I don’t have to invent my individuality!
I just have to ignore my personality!
To discover my individuality!


Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment