Chicklet - Add to Google Homepage

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I, Me, Myself (About me)

Uniqueness is so common in this world... I am very unique just like every one else...

Every individual has three profiles (atleast a minimum of 3 profiles) viz: Vanity, Sanity and Reality.

You can access my Vanity profile @:
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ragsgopalan

You can access my Sanity profile @:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=683393897


The Reality Profile is as follows: ( I prefered to attach a textfile but the option does not exist here)

I have a firm belief that life is all about a journey that we travel from ourselves to ourselves. Hence guess am still trying to understand about myself...

Fortunate to be born in a South Indian “Tambram” family, which is orthodox, holding the best human values and extremely educated and wise. Despite blessed with a grandfather a renowned Sanskrit-Vyakarna teacher (Late. Sri. MK Venkatarama Sastrigal @ Raja Patasala, Kumbakonam), one of the paternal uncles (VVN from Kumbakonam, also a role model for me), a popular mathematics teacher and one of the paternal aunts, doctorate in Tamil & a teacher, I never had any inclination to teaching. I certainly attribute this to my inability to raise above my inquisitiveness about world at large in general and restlessness/ impatience in particular.
The family is quite close knit, with enough room for personal freedom, open to ideas and debates, progressive and forward looking and obviously with minor tiffs between few of them.

The most impressive trait I like about this family is their ability to rise up economically from the state of poverty (I remember my grandpa highlighting his predicament around second world war, about he not having another set of clothes to change and he would change to a towel, wash the one he is wearing, dry the clothes and change the same before he leaves for his work). Importantly this rise has happened through selfless dedication of many without compromising on any of the values. So many of my relatives elder to me are like real life icons offering inspiration and drive.

I have been told by many that am extremely dependable & with the right company am very gregarious.. else pretty reserved. I am very optimistic about life and people closer would see my confidence, (at times as obstinate), sense of humor and a "never-say-die-attitude".
I rate myself to be just about average in academia and Intelligence and most of my relatives and friends are sharper than me. The section about me would not be complete and would not see the light (Priya—my wife, who is the approver of this text & who decides my "Priyarities") if don't highlight my laziness. If you don't concur with this, I recommend that you talk to Priya and you would change your opinion., certainly!.

Among others, what keeps me going are my hobbies which you will get to know in this website. I was fortunate to also been blessed with great “Gurus”, who helped me with 2 of my important hobbies.

Two great individuals who converted a puny and timid individual entering college into a confident, physically strong and mentally stronger person (I also hold a black belt in Karate) that probably reshaped me as an individual over a period of the next 10 years are Sensai Devarajan—who initiated me into this way back in 1990 and Sensai Jacob Devakumar.
Two more people who had a deep impact on me with their knowledge and teaching are Sri. Dharamveer Singh Mahida (Yoga Academy of Pune) and Sri. K.Parathasarathy (Yoga Yuva Kendra) who taught me Yoga and oriented me on the right path which should help me for the rest of my life. No amount of recognition can repay my gratitude to them.
I have not highlighted the contribution for what I am today, from Priya, my parents (my role models), brother and some close relatives which is immense and cannot be explained in words. I have been equally fortunate to have a great set of friends & colleagues, some of them very close who has helped & been with me in every stage of my life.

What has been satisfying (atleast so far) is the fact that am at peace with myself (and also with most of my friends & relatives):-) and hope this continues as long as the journey continues...enjoy the journey, live by the day instead of worrying about the destination...Live the Life !

Thats I, me, Myself.

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment